(voir diaporama ci-dessous)
Holidays spent on the borders of the Creuse and the Puy de Dôme,
in a pleasant holiday cottage in the country,
Nature and culture holidays with several options:
- Romanesque Abbeys
- Trout fishing
- Horse riding
- Bouddhist temple
The holiday cottage:
- For 2 to 4 persons (one large bed in the bedroom, and two bed 90cm in the sitting room).
- Wing of a traditional house, it’s completely new, with excellent insulation and heating.
- Overlooking meadows and woods.
- Exceptional woodwork : floors made of massive oak, Moroccan furniture and cupboard doors made of cedar...
On the ground floor (35m2) : a dining-room, a sitting-room, a kitchen area with vitreous ceramic hob.
On the first floor (35 m2), a bedroom with a double bed, a bathroom with a shower, toilets, a wardrobe, a picture window and terrace from which the setting sun can be seen.
Shaded garden, barbecue, near a small brook.
This holiday cottage is located
- in the small town of Mérinchal (springs of the Cher River), at an altitude of 700m, just between the wild area of the volcanic mountains and the hilly landscapes of Limousin.
- a few kilometres from the shops in Auzance (12 kms) and Pontaumur (13kms) but you can buy vegetables, milk, eggs, cheese and even bread from the farmer.
- in an area where a lot of summer events take place :
o Music concerts “Bach en Combailles” (since 1998) in Pontaumur, music festival in La Bourboule...
o Summer fairs in Giat (secondhand markets), Charensat (pieds de porc), Feletin (wool).
o Agricultural shows with Charolais competition, old trades in Pontaumur.
o Secondhand markets and attic sales from June to September in the villages.
o Exhibitions in Aubusson, Mérinchal, Montel de Gelat...
o Parish fairs which are an opportunity for the villages to organize various activities.
o Hiking, pony trekking, the Brouilles forest, castles, dolmens...
- in the least populated department of France, country of bocages, brooks and woods, the cattle-rearing area of the Charolais.
- in a region of gastronomy where the Charolais beef is much appreciated as well as the ceps, the chanterelles, the peasant cheeses.
- in the country of the thousand ponds (fishing and bathing) and wild rivers (trouts).
- in the country of the most beautiful granite houses.
- 30 kilometres from the National Park of Volcanoes.
- 30 minutes from the skiing resorts, Le Mont-Dore and Super-Besse (85 kms of tracks)
- 30 minutes from Vulcania ( museum of volcanism)
- 30 minutes from La Bourboule ( a summer resort)
- 30 minutes from Aubusson, the well-known museum of tapestry (Jean Lurçat)
- 30 minutes from Clermond Ferrand, a town of 300000 inhabitants.
- near the romanesque abbeys of Auvergne : Orcival, St Nectaire, Clermond ferrand, Mozac, Volvic- Marsat.
- 50 minutes from Riom (beautiful historical centre)
“ The Creuse is still a secret for everyone” say all the tourist brochures.
PRICES - AVAILABILITY :
See on :
- homelidays.com , annonce n°302781
Transfer airport Clermont-Ferrand possible (Aulnat airport 80 km from the cottage) : 35€ / transfer
- Utilities: warm and cold water, electricity included without heating (very good isolated house). With heating (3 radiant heaters), electricity to actual price (0.12E / KWh).
- Prices from Saturday 5PM to Saturday 10AM
- Weekend deals available (only last minute), biweekly -fortnight- deals available, monthly deals available (1 non renewable), BB deals in the summer
Reservations: please contact me :
06 58 83 67 07 - 00336 58 83 67 07
06 71 20 34 35